Conchas Chinas / Amapas
Pitillal / Univa
Ixtapa / Valley
Nuevo Vallarta / Flamingos
Bucerias / La Cruz
North shore / Punta de Mita
Litibu / Riviera Nayarit
The Downtown area of Puerto Vallarta is split into 2 areas, North and South. The River Cuale forms the natural division between these two areas. Downtown South is also referred to as the “Old Town”, “The Romantic Zone” or “Los Muertos”.
Downtown south has some of the most vibrant flavours Vallarta has to offer; the famous “Los Muertos” beach with it’s beachfront restaurants and bars, Vallarta’s Gay scene, world-class restaurants, funky bars and great nightclubs. What is unique about all of Vallarta is the fascinating combination of “things Mexican” with “things foreign”. In the same street you can experience some of the most exquisite world cuisine only dreamed of in urban cities and traditional Mexican food in one of the many road-side Tacos stands.
Downtown south offers a range of Real Estate from old traditional Mexican-style fixer-upper houses, small condo complexes to a limitied number of beachfront condos. In general prices start from $200,000.
The following PROs and CONs apply to both Downtown north and Downtown south
– Proximity to the “Vallarta Scene” (bars, clubs, galleries, shops, beaches…)
– More accessible prices (than further south)
– Friendly area
– Bay and mountain views depending on zone / elevation
– Traditional Mexican-style properties
– Traffic and parking very difficult
– Noisy and busy
– Some areas have poor street lighting
– Loud music from parties and nightclubs throughout night
– Some areas have steep stairs to access properties